There were plenty of rumours about the new Maschine from Native Instruments. It’s finally here and most of the speculations were right! Presenting you, Native Instruments Maschine MK2!
Here are a couple of the new features added on to this bad boy.
We immediately notice the new multi-colored pads, which we first saw on the Traktor Kontrol F1 to control Remix Decks off Traktor. The new color-coding lets you ‘see’ your sounds, and it will turbo-charge your workflow. Simply assign colors to the groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes, and see the pads and group buttons on the hardware light up in the same colors. Make your kick drums red, for example, and you’ll always know which pads play your kicks. Add some color to your performances! And with the increased sensitivity of the new pads, you also have a new level of precision at your fingertips.
New Master Section
The Master section has been redesigned. Control volume, tempo and swing with the new multifunction master push encoder – select modes with the new toggle buttons and accurately click through values without having to look at the screen or display. Navigating and scrubbing are much easier, and changing note pitch and detailed tweaking becomes extra-precise thanks to the encoder’s superb physical response. Now with 47 white, backlit click-buttons and colored transport controls, the Mk2 hardware provides a wealth of physical and visual excitement for intuitive beat making.
Timestretch & Pitch Shift
This is one feature that most Maschine users have been waiting for. The MASCHINE 1.8 software includes time stretch and pitch shift capability. Stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, aided by the automatic BPM detection. Or stretch your audio to a specific length – to fit one sample to the same length as another, for example. What’s more, make your beats match harmonically, by tuning your samples with the pitch shift function.
The new hardware is a leap forward in usability, reliability and aesthetics. The inverted displays provide higher contrast, a better viewing angle for performance or studio, and a sharper look in dark environments. Slightly heavier than before, the controller also works better in a studio set-up and on stage due to the re-worked layout of the controller’s USB-connector and MIDI I/O – less risk of accidental unplugging. Plus, new rubber feet mean increased grip on the desktop, keeping the hardware firmly in place during even the most aggressive beat routines.
Software & Workflow Improvements
Experienced and new MASCHINE producers alike will appreciate the big time savings from these workflow improvements in the free MASCHINE 1.8 software update:
- Host transport control: Running the MASCHINE software as a plug-in in your DAW*, use the transport buttons on the MASCHINE hardware to control transport in the host software. Important: Requires the latest version of the NI Controller Editor.
- New Browser sample preview mode: Easily scroll through the browser list and pre-hear samples without loading them.
- Revised select screen: Now includes individual note length and velocity editing.
- Auto-write pinning: Pin the Auto-Write button for improved automation recording – tweak with two hands!
- New hardware shortcuts: Select and erase events quickly and easily.
- Panic button: Immediately cuts off all sound from MASCHINE.
- Improved missing sample handling: Now locates files per project – point the MASCHINE software to the location for one missing file, and it automatically resolves other related missing files.
- Sampler play position indicator: See the play marker in the sampler wave display – also shown in the hardware display.
- Save Group with samples: Now you have the option to save Group with samples.
A couple more interesting features & additions like a nifty Maschine Stand & new effects are there too. Now, when the new Maschine 1.8 software comes out, all Maschine users will receive a free upgrade as well as a full version of Native Instruments infamous synthesizer “Massive” and all 8 knobs of Maschine will map directly to Massive’s 8 macro controls immediately. That’s pretty awesome.
Seems like they have the Maschine Mikro updated as well! Of course, all the Traktor users are immediately thinking of integrating the Maschine into their setup and use as both Maschine & Traktor’s Remix Decks, now that it has multi-colored LED pads. Let’s wait for some videos to come out, we’ll be updating this page as content comes through so stay tuned! Hit the facebook/twitter/googleplus share links below to spread the news.
If you’re in India and looking to pick up the new generation of MASCHINE, contact The Inventory
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/41/9852741/html/theinventory/blog/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273